The Everyday Caring Blog
Sharing my world as a nurse and carer – promoting balanced healthy lifestyles and resilience. I reinforce health, fitness and wellbeing that sustain care in the home. Our longevity and strength is promoted by the support we receive.
Coping strategies for an unexpected role.
“Suddenly an Everyday Carer” Buy Now
I have witnessed the resilience needed to rehabilitate home after trauma. Read how I worked jointly with my daughter, Emily, to expedite her return to society as a wheelchair user, a differently-abled person with enormous potential seeking opportunity and choice.
Advocacy and Access for all
There shouldn’t be any discrepancy regarding differently-abled people or carers in society so until there is equality, accessibility, opportunity and choice I will advocate for more inclusion. Read more...
- Suddenly an Everyday Carer – buy the ebook here – read more
- Positive writing facilitating caregiving and coping in the home *
- Family life after Emily’s spinal cord injury*
- Lifestyle choices for carers and people with SCI
- Recipes and nutrition info after SCI
- A-Z of helpful information for carers and differently-abled people*
- Accessibility *
- Travel Insights from a carer’s perspective*
- Follow for new posts. Lets’ be friends!
*Everyday Caring does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this blog, nor the quality of any products, information or any other material displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in, or in connection, with the services herein.
Copyright – Rachel James @everydaycaring