I saw my friend and knew she needed help! SO I’m posting a quick easy Moroccan Lentil soup because I aim to help busy people with dogs and carers too…
Help for busy people – Moroccan lentil Soup recipe
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and finely diced
- 20- 40 g olive oil
- A squeeze of ginger paste from a herb tube or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 whole chilli or 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes (can leave out if dislike spicy soup)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 800 g 2 tins diced tomatoes
- 100 g orange lentils
- 750 g vegetable stock, or water and stock cube
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Coriander – chop finely. Set aside.
- Chopped onion plus ginger and chilli in a large deep pan, add oil and all dry spices – sauté for 5 minutes until onion soft.
- Add tins of tomatoes, lentils and stock and cook for 20-30 minutes or until lentils cooked.
- Add seasoning and chopped coriander.
- Serve with crusty bread and butter.
Help for busy people and carers
Everyone is a caregiver in one capacity or another so share this recipe with others if they need a hearty meal quickly. Another recipe here